Monday, January 25, 2010

love's austere and lonely offices

I find that I'm not in the mood to blog tonight; I didn't accomplish enough in any sphere today, and so I'm mad at myself, and when I'm mad at myself I'm not particularly good company for anyone. I did have lunch with Pete, however, which was the sole highlight (well, and I had a conference call with Heather, aka dear respected madam, which was the other highlight). I also managed to write the first draft of my short story, but I'm not particularly happy with it, and so I'm going to go to bed so that I can get up tomorrow and rewrite it before work.

I wish I wasn't in a blah mood today. I recognize that I have frightening, unrealistically high expectations for myself, and that this causes most of my woes. However, I also firmly believe that I won't accomplish nearly as much if I don't set audacious goals. It's just that on days like today, when most normal people would be satisfied with an appropriate mix of work and play and some slacking, I feel that I've let myself down -- mostly because I wasn't able to overcome my own apathy enough to break through and make progress.

Ugh -- that's all for tonight, as whining won't get me anywhere. I will accomplish more tomorrow by force, and I have class and a movie to look forward to tomorrow night, so I will be as right as rain (which continues to fall outside my window). Goodnight!

No comments: