Wednesday, January 13, 2010

the party boys call the krem-i-lin

This is a four-minute post. I had a lousy first half of the day and a great second half of the day, so it all balanced out. I woke up with a continuation of the headache I've had for days, and ended up going into the office rather late so that I could apply heat to my arm while lying in bed. But, when I got to work, I had a baked potato with Joy, then slogged violently for a few hours so that I could get through the most critical of my action items before leaving at 4:15pm so that I could meet up with Ritu and Vidya for coffee before my class.

We went to Cafe Borrone, one of my favorite places in the south bay, and ended up having three of their overpriced-but-delicious sandwiches at a v. early hour since I wanted to eat before class and Ritu and Vidya decided not to have dinner afterwards. We had a lovely time, and then parted ways very sadly (or rather, I parted ways with them -- they very well could have hung out for hours afterwards) so that I could make my way to Stanford just in time for the start of my class.

Class turned out to be very good, and I think it's going to be really useful and interesting. The teacher has good things to say and runs the class well, the class itself is small (less than twelve people, which is very small for a continuing studies writing class) and mostly people who are working on projects already and so have some concept of writing, and the discussion tonight was interesting. I'm finding myself really excited about doing research, focusing on historical writing, etc. -- it could be difficult to balance it with work, my book, my upcoming travels, etc., but it's going to be good.

Now, though, my four minutes are done and gone -- it's time for bed!

No comments: