Saturday, January 30, 2010

that stained glass curtain you're hiding behind never lets in the sun

I had a slightly lazier day than I should have allowed myself to have, given that my father and I leave for Singapore three days from right now -- but I accomplished the most pertinent things at the day job that I needed to do today (namely, several meetings), and then came home early with the intention of writing for a few hours. Instead, I failed to write; but I did make another porkchop and reheat some of the polenta from Wednesday (still delicious), and I watched one of the funniest episodes of Craig that I've seen in awhile. Eddie Izzard was the main guest, so he was of course hysterical. Then, Craig did a segment with a barbecue chef from southern Georgia, and it became apparent that neither of them could understand each other's accents, which made for comedic gold. I also watched another episode that started with Rosie O'Donnell and the puppets lipsyncing 'Addicted to Love' while Craig and three of his cronies wore tight black outfits, wigs, and overly painted red lips while pretending to play guitars. So, none of that was productive at all, but it was a v. welcome break.

I also made a list (an unfortunately very long list) of all the things I have to do this weekend to get ready for my trip, and I made a list of the things I need to pack, and I made a list of the things I need to buy/procure/steal. I love to make lists, so my current state (planning a big event a work + planning a two-week trip to India/Singapore) has put me in listmaking heaven. I also love crossing things off lists, but doing the things required to get to the crossing-off stage can be a bit annoying, so this weekend is going to be a hard slog. But it will be worth it when I pick up my dad at the airport on Sunday night and we get on the plane on Monday -- and I will have more than enough time on the flight to Singapore (via Hong Kong) to relax.

I suppose at this point I should go to bed, since there's nothing on my list that I either want to or can do tonight. Goodnight, and wish me luck this weekend! And just think...in a few days you'll start getting travel posts, which have been sorely lacking since I haven't left the country in almost two years. I'm glad that I'm rectifying my foreign-travel drought -- here's hoping that I have a lot more foreign travel in my future in the coming year!

No comments: