Sunday, February 28, 2010

i want to be forever young

I had a v. slothful, occasionally conflict-ridden day, perhaps fueled by my sadness over the impending end of the Winter Olympics. Or, more likely, fueled by my continued attempts to recover from the exhaustion of the past few weeks; I told Terry this afternoon that I need to get my life together, and by "get my life together" I mean "write a book in the next three months", which she found v. amusing.

The conflict all happened in the morning; I woke up at 10:30 and didn't exactly intend to stay awake, and so was a little surly when I came into the living room and discovered that the internet wasn't working because my dearly beloved and esteemed roommate hates Comcast and so refuses to set up autopay and so, therefore, occasionally hates them enough to not pay the bill. The internet and tv came back the moment that he paid the bill (from my phone), but for some reason the internet worked for him and didn't work on either of my computers. So, I got surlier and snippier until he called Comcast and got it all sorted out, at which point my Puritanical roots were outraged enough at the concept of failing to pay a bill on time that I was wide awake. We made up, however, and ended up walking down the street around 1pm to have brunch at 2223. Adit was in the mood for an omelette, which they ironically didn't have, but I had a delicious chorizo scramble on tortillas with black beans and guacamole, which was the equivalent of breakfast nachos...yum.

We came home, and Adit went out big for a friend's thirtieth birthday party, while I stayed home, watched a lot of Olympics, finally unpacked from my India trip, cleaned the apartment, did some dishes, and started organizing my documents for my tax adviser. I'm almost done with that task (which involved itemizing receipts from the romance conference seven months ago), which is good news; now I just need to submit the expense report for my India trip and I can stop looking at piles of receipts sitting all over my desk. And now, I think I'll go to bed; I need to get up at a somewhat reasonable hour so that I can write a story for my short story class (which I haven't been to in a month, making it tempting to drop it, but since I won't get a refund and genuinely liked the class when I was able to attend, I just need to persevere and write the damn storY). And then, the closing ceremonies are on tomorrow night, after which I will cry and give the remote back to Adit so that he can watch something other than the Olympics. It will be difficult, but I've somehow always managed to survive before, and I hope that this year is no exception. Goodnight!

No comments: