Wednesday, February 24, 2010

the music of the night

I desperately need to go to bed; the summit that I have been planning starts in approximately nine hours, and I need to get there early to print a bunch of shit, which is too bad. With the amount that I have to print I theoretically only need 20mins or so, but one of the items is a tricky mail merge to create nametags that include breakout session assignments, which was a brilliant tactic learned in my old typing/computer classes from high school that made me look like a genius in front of my boss (ha), but it's printing on some prescored namecards and so I don't want to show up late and then have them all get messed up.

But you didn't want to know that. Perhaps you would rather hear that I had a snack of Lucky Charms and Diet Coke around five, promptly discovered that a bunch of things that I thought were done weren't really done, Office Depot claimed they delivered my nametags but the nametags were nowhere to be found, I went through a series of increasingly-worrisome computer crashes that caused me to lose 45mins worth of work, and then dropped a Lite Brite and scattered little lite pegs all over my office. The sugar rush obviously didn't help my ability to deal with all that, and I was on the verge of tears (incredibly rare for me to be driven to that point) by the time I left the office to go to Office Max (where I spent more than twice as much as what the Office Depot stuff cost, since the Office Depot stuff was ordered w/a corporate discount, and now I'll have to send the shit back). But, I rebounded, had a calming twenty minutes circling around SFO in the rain (who knew it could be calming?) waiting to pick up Adit from his weekend trip, and then came home. I promptly sat down to slog, with occasional breaks to watch a women's figure skating program here or there, and now I'm feeling in good shape again. A lot of it will all come together at the last possible second, but luckily that's how both the big boss and I roll, so we're fine.

And now, off to bed...in less than forty-eight hours, it will be over, and I'm spending several hours at a spa on Friday to recover, so it's all good. Goodnight!

No comments: