Wednesday, February 24, 2010

we live the masterful life that's mythical

I'm too exhausted to blog for long, but I'm happy to report that despite a series of minor disasters throughout the day (starting with facilities failing to set up the room), the summit is so far going very well, and I manage to maintain my outward zen calm successfully enough that most people have no idea how much the summit balances on the edge of a knife. I've gotten a lot of positive comments on the agenda and activities so far, and I am hopeful that tomorrow will be as good (if nothing else, it ends at 4pm instead of at 9pm, so that's an automatic upgrade).

I will say that it's been nice the past few weeks to feel like I'm doing something I'm pretty good at; when I switched jobs last fall, I switched into something that I intuitively understand but haven't done that much of in the past, and it's been hard not to feel like I know my shit. However, even though this is a different type of event than anything I've planned in the past (and I was much more heavily involved in the content creation, and even got to design and facilitate a Stanford-style Crossing the Line exercise), I am quite good at anticipating and averting problems, which is what this slapdash summit planning experience has been all about.

So, short version is that I'm surviving, perhaps even thriving, but since I only got five hours of sleep last night, I really need to go to bed so that I can get seven hours of sleep tonight. Wish me luck tomorrow -- it's almost over, and then my three-day weekend awaits!

No comments: