Wednesday, February 10, 2010

welcome to delhi

We had a v. lazy day in Hyderabad; I did a whole bunch of work this morning and early afternoon while we hung out around the hotel, and then Jaffer took us to the office to say goodbye to Ismail, took us by my old apartment so that I could show my father where I had lived for six months, and then dropped us off at the airport. The new Hyderabad airport is so incredibly nice, particularly in comparison to the old shithole of an airport, but it would be nice even if you didn't see the old one in all its disastrous glory. We had an early dinner at McDonald's, then checked in and hung out for awhile. Our flight was a bit delayed, and so we got into Delhi at almost eleven p.m., but our travel organizer was waiting for us with the car.

He brought us to our hotel, which has won awards for its class but is a v. different beast than the luxury business hotels that I've stayed in during most of my India travels. However, it is much preferred to the place that we all stayed in while visiting Hampi, even if they do use skeleton keys rather than keycards. And now, after this short and boring post, I really need to go to sleep; we are leaving here at nine a.m. for Delhi, and it's already one a.m., so it's time for bed! The Taj Mahal awaits!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that the DNR is one of your father's favorite agencies. They have now asked the Iowa legislature to ban the use of worms as fish bait. Proposed ban apparently extends to use of peanut butter on mouse traps as well. Slater