Friday, February 19, 2010

with glowing hearts

I am so happy. Yes, I worked for fourteen hours today, not including the two hours I spent commuting...but I shut my laptop despite the piles of work and spent a solid ninety minutes devoted to watching the men's free skate without interruption. It was lovely -- it was just as thrilling as I thought it would be after watching the short program, and there was a ton of suspense even if the costumes weren't nearly as entertaining as they were the other night. And even though my family has often accused me of having a heart of ice, I cried twice -- once after Johnny Weir skated his ridiculous heart out, and again after the gold medal was decided. Yes, I'm crazy.

However, the work is taking over everything else; it will all be better after next week, but the conference continues to consume me and will be pretty crazy for the next few days. So, while I would love to provide more commentary, I should really sleep. My pinky finger feels strained from all the typing -- and yes, I realize it's silly to complain about that when some chick who had a horrific crash on the downhill yesterday came back and got bronze in the slalom despite massive bruising, but hey, I'm not an Olympian. I hope you are all enjoying the Games -- goodnight!

No comments: