Friday, March 26, 2010

goodbye michigan, hello iowa

I am almost too tired to blog, but given the harassment I face if I skip a day, I shall persevere. I will admit that I was not feeling quite the thing this morning; in fact, I felt like death, after getting only six hours of sleep and needing to get up to shower, pack, check out, and make it to the office in time for a nine a.m. meeting with the head of our Ann Arbor office. There was a moment when I feared that I would throw up on his shoes, but the moment passed. Despite the huge mistake that was the 64oz liquor-and-ice 'fishbowl', I was still totally coherent at work and had a good time meeting up with people today (even if I needed to be careful when standing up so that the room didn't spin too badly).

So, my meetings went well, I debriefed with the big boss before leaving (which means I have some work to do this weekend), and then caught an early cab to the airport in an attempt to get on an earlier flight to Des Moines. My ploy to fly standby succeeded, and so I got into Des Moines around 4:30pm instead of after 8pm. My brother picked me up at the airport and we had an early dinner at Johnny's Italian Steakhouse before driving home. Then, I spent the evening watching basketball -- in particularly, we watched the UNI/Michigan State game, which was close throughout but unfortunately ended in Northern Iowa's loss :( We shall survive, however. And now, it's time for me to go to bed. I want to write a significant portion of my rough draft in the next week, and so I can't fall into my usual sleep-til-noon home habits. Goodnight!

No comments: