Tuesday, March 23, 2010

soon there's gonna come a day, baby, i'll be back again

Even though it's relatively early, I'm going to go to bed as soon as I'm done with this post; I slogged hard all day today, then came home, ate too much while watching two episodes of "Project Runway", and finished packing for my trip, so I'm a little tired, and I have to be at the office for my usual Wednesday eight a.m. meeting that I'm chronically late for even though it's my only important meeting of the week. So, sleep would be good; I may not be able to do my usual routine of zoning out on the plane because I'm traveling with the big boss -- while we're not sitting together, we are only a few rows apart, and so I may have to make an attempt at being productive on the flight (sad).

Despite the slogging, I did squeeze in some social activity; Vidya came for lunch, and surprised me by bringing along her friend Rich's wife Lauren instead of Rich. It didn't impact me tremendously, since I'd only met Rich once before and had never met Lauren, but it was fun nonetheless; I liked Lauren, and I still tolerate Vidya whenever necessary (jhokes!) We ate outside, since it continues to be absolutely gorgeous here. While things are improving weather-wise in the midwest as well, I'm a little sad to be leaving all this glory for the dreary post-melt landscape of the heartland.

When I got home, I changed out of my work clothes, walked around the block to the grocery store, and bought a sandwich from the deli counter and a bag of chips. The sandwich would have been outstanding if the bread wasn't a little stale, but the chips made up for it. I watched two episodes of "Project Runway" while eating, which was lovely; I'm caught up on this season again, in time to miss the next two episodes while I'm traveling, but I enjoyed my sloth immensely. Then, I made copies of stuff that I needed to make copies of, finished packing, and generally took care of loose ends.

Now, it is time to sleep - wish me luck with my travels tomorrow!

No comments: