Monday, March 22, 2010

we're not the kind of people that kill swans

I should probably go to bed; I have a ton of work to do tomorrow morning before my meeting with the big boss, and I want to get some writing in done if at all possible. Today was pretty productive in the grand scheme of things, although I spent a lot of time this morning messing around with computers. I had a nine a.m. appointment with our tech support people to switch my work computer from a PC to a Mac, which took a good two hours with them and then another hour or two at my desk. I'm pretty happy with it already, although a) it's externally identical to my personal mac, which means I'm going to have to be careful not to take the wrong one to work sometime, and b) there isn't a docking station available, which means I'll have to plug in all my peripherals every time I want to use them. But, Macs are pretty slick, and I'm think I'm an Apple convert (true to my ongoing conversion to overpaid yuppiedom) -- to the point that I'm getting increasingly enamored with the idea of an iPad, even though I know that it's totally stupid and unnecessary.

I was at the office until six-forty-five, and then I grabbed a sandwich, filled up my car with gas, came home, and finished most of my packing for Ann Arbor. Then, I should have written or possibly done some more work, but instead I finished read "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". Despite some lingering displeasure with the writing mechanics, the story was fantastic, and I guess I will be one of the millions of people who buys the other two books in the trilogy. And now, I'm going to go to bed -- two nights from now, I'll be in Ann Arbor!

No comments: