Friday, April 09, 2010

blah

Today wasn't bad, but I just spent the past couple of hours wrestling with the issue of how to get video off of my videocamera (which I haven't used in a couple of years...and I lost the proprietary software disk...and my MacBook doesn't have a firewire cable despite the fact that Apple was a big proponent of firewire...and my old Sony Vaio doesn't register the camera being connected to it even though it's a Sony Handycam). I intended to use the camera to film a video for the big boss tomorrow, but now I'm going to have to scramble a plan b sometime tomorrow morning because I appear to be in an intractable disaster.

sssanyway. I slogged excessively most of the day, although I was hampered in the slogging by taking a long lunch at Fiesta del Mar with Heather, where I had a margarita that made me sleepy. Then, I came home with the intention of getting a lot of stuff done, which I started on -- but then I took an unscheduled break to have dinner and coffee with Vidya (aka Vidius Chandicus) in her neck of the woods. We had a lovely time discussing work, friendship, and Sean Connery, but I couldn't stay out late because I really did have work to do. So, I left her after dinner and came home, where I took care of some work and played around with my camera until absurdly late in the evening. And now, completely and utterly thwarted, it's time for me to go to bed!

No comments: