Saturday, April 24, 2010

i'm gonna destroy my ego

Today was perfectly lovely, but I'm utterly exhausted, and so you're not going to get as much out of me as you deserve. I took Adit down to the glorious south bay this morning due to some issues he's having with his car, and so I spent the commute sipping my tea while Adit lived in fear of what terrible song might emanate from my iPod next. After dropping him off at work, I made my way back to my own office, where I slogged all day. One of my projects was filming a v. brief talk by the big boss, which went well. But now she's "out of pocket", as the consultants say, since she's going on vacation -- and in only a few days, I'll be leaving for Cancun!

After work, I met up with Heather (aka dear respected madam) at a nail salon near our office; she wanted to get a manicure, and I decided to go for a pedicure. It was a v. relaxing event, even though the salon was absolutely overrun by teenagers preparing for tomorrow's area proms, and now my feet are smooth and my toenails are a perfect shade of fuchsia. After the salon, we attempted to go Vive Sol, but discovered the parking lot was a disaster; so, we went to Fiesta del Mar, where we ended up waiting half an hour for a table. The food was well worth it, and I had half a margarita (even though one of the waiters always tries to convince me to order a second one). We had a lovely time together; I'm v. glad that Heather and Salim have moved back to the area, and I'm also glad that we're going to all be living in the glorious south bay in the near future.

When I got back to the evil city, I went straight to Vidya's to watch a movie with her. However, the combination of too many chips and half a margarita rendered me almost comatose; we looked through Netflix Streaming Video (let me tell you, it's not a YouTube killer -- the content was terrible), but when we decided that the best possible thing we could see was a movie called "Samoan Wedding", we decided to utilize the service to watch a few episodes of the British version of "The Office". I made it through one episode, but just barely, and so I decided to part ways with Vidya before I fell asleep on her cough.

Tomorrow I need to get up and write before my brunch plans begin; I had the horrifying realization on the way home (an extension of the week-by-week-planning that I divulged last night) that there is only one weekend in the next seven in which I'm home. That means I need to unpack quickly so that I can come home from all of my voyages to a relatively ordered apartment.

Now, though, my eyes are rolling back in my head, which I always take as a sign that perhaps I should sign off. Goodnight!

No comments: