Wednesday, April 07, 2010

some bloodshot forget-me-not says daddy's within earshot, save the buckshot, turn up the band

I'm exhausted; it feels a lot later than 9:18pm, and so I'm going to go to bed as soon as I'm done with this post. I think my brain is fried from writing so much today -- not that I wrote anything for zee romance novel, but my agenda document for my one-on-one with the big boss stretched to four pages (single spaced), and there were several other documents, emails, etc. attached to it that we had to review. I came back from vacation and walked straight into a minefield of communications that need to be delivered in the next week, which means I'm thinking through communication strategies nonstop at work...

...and then I come home and try to write a completely different set of communications. Tonight I left the office, got home in time to do a load of laundry (vital if I didn't want to wear a skirt tomorrow -- which I didn't, since I wore my killer 4" heels today, which I adore even if they make me walk like a Chinese concubine in the early stages of foot-binding), ate some Amy's enchiladas, and then worked like a fiend for several more hours. The biggest nonwork task was editing and polishing the blog post that I wrote for the romance blog that I'm a part of with my other fellow romance contest finalists (linked to from my Sara Ramsey blog above); editing blog posts when you're trying to make them coherent and not just the random stream-of-consciousness crap that I produce here nightly takes way more time than you would think.

Anyway, even though I have no real reason to be this tired, I always get to this stage when my brain has been going nonstop all day. Since I have to be in the office at 8am again tomorrow, I think some extra sleep tonight would go a long way toward restoring me so that I can do it all again in the morning. Goodnight!

No comments: