Wednesday, April 14, 2010

why must you always dress in black

I'm worried that I'm going to fail this test that I'm taking at work tomorrow; luckily I've used the portion of the product that the test is covering tomorrow, but I haven't used another feature the is a prominent part of the test, and I didn't study nearly enough over the past couple of days. I have about four hours to study tomorrow before the test, so I'm going to have to hope that's enough; by all accounts I should be okay (particularly since I'm just aiming to pass, not aiming to be one of the best scores in the group), but I don't like failure, and so I'm going to have to get up early tomorrow to get some studying in as early as possible.

I would study now, but I just got home from a three-hour dinner at Little Star with Jenni and James; it only involved two glasses of wine, but that was just enough to make me feel less than capable of retaining anything I read right now. Today was in general quite good; I went to work for an eight a.m. meeting, picked up the new fountain pen sitting on my desk (it's gorgeous - more on that some other day, perhaps), wrote a blog post for the big boss, studied a bit, grabbed lunch, then drove home to study this afternoon. I got distracted this afternoon because I got a call from the rental agent for the place I saw yesterday; barring a sudden change of heart on his part, he should be sending me the rental agreement tomorrow. I can't express how excited I am about this; the place is lovely, and while I will miss the city of sin, I'm eager to have a shorter commute and more space.

After I calmed down from the excitement of feeling like I knew where I would be living next, I studied for a couple more hours, then met up with Jenni and James at Little Star. And now, you know the rest. I'm eager for this test to be over with, since it's been hanging over my head for awhile, and I want to be productive Friday so that I can spend the weekend writing Madeleine and Ferguson's story. Now, though, I should really sleep -- goodnight!

No comments: