Sunday, May 16, 2010

i've been waiting my whole life for this one night

I am in no shape to blog excessively tonight, so I shall only hit on the highlights. Today was Adit and Priyanka's wedding, and it was just as beautiful as I expected it to be. The day started off on an entertaining note with me and Vidya taking the ol' yellow Volkswagen Beetle to Lowes (let's build something together!) to get some plants that Adit wanted us to pick out. We made a clandestine stop at a coffee shop to get bagels before returning to the hotel and immediately eating south Indian breakfast (dosas, etc.) After breakfast, we had rather limited time to get ready; Vidya had to wrap approximately eight peoples' saris (including mine, which looked gorgeous thanks to Chandlord's careful ministrations).

Then, we went downstairs to participate in Adit's baraat -- everyone on Adit's side of the wedding started in the parking lot and danced and clapped their way (v. v. slowly) up to the main entrance of the hotel while Adit rode a horse behind them. It was super fun, particularly when the horse urinated prodigiously towards the end of the baraat. But, that was the only gross thing that happened (at least until much, much later at the afterparty) -- the rest of it was perfectly lovely. Adit and Priyanka both looked v. happy, Priyanka's outfits were gorgeous, and the venue was v. nice and well-decorated.

I would go on and on about this, but I'm losing steam and must go to bed so that I can make it through tomorrow before getting on the plane to London. Suffice it to say that we all had an awesome time, the catfish of my youth made a reappearance (and is likely now lost to the ocean of time), and I v. stupidly drank both a 'muffin shot' (a Sri concoction in which you bore a hole in a mini-muffin, fill it with rum until it starts to disintegrate in your hand, and then dump it in your mouth) and a 'Sugarcane Drain' (a John concoction of Coors mixed with sugar, in a red plastic cup, with a hole bored through the bottom so you have to shotgun it). But, since those drinks were what actually gave me my second wind and allowed me to stay at the party until three a.m., I suppose I should be grateful.

And now, after a wonderful day with almost all of my favorite people in the world, it's time for me to go to bed (which I am sharing with Santy Claude, yay). Congratulations, Adit and Priyanka!!

No comments: