Thursday, May 13, 2010

you don't need to prove a thing, just let it be

I may pull off the miracle of getting on the plane tomorrow morning with everything that I need for two and a half weeks of travel and fun -- it was even more of a challenge than usual because many of the things that I needed to pack were still in a variety of bags and boxes from the move, but I think I'm all set. I have to check a bag tomorrow because of the wedding outfits and shoes and tings, but I'm going to mail that stuff back to myself; after the wedding, I can pare down so that I'm just traveling with a roll-aboard bag and my laptop bag for the subsequent two weeks. Thanks to the miracle of my small shoe size, compact clothing, and packing skills, I was able to fit four dresses, two sweaters, four pairs of leggings, eight or nine tops, four pairs of shoes, underwear, pajamas, makeup, and a coat into a standard roll-aboard, so I won't look like Rick Steves while I travel (I shudder at sporting khaki and quick-dry windbreakers and sneakers).

I had a lot to do at work today, and I didn't get through it all, but I will have wireless on my six hour Virgin America flight, so I intend to get a lot done then. I did take a break to have lunch with Heather (aka dear respected madam); I took her off-campus because she graciously agreed to go with me to the tailor afterward so that I could try on the things I took in to get altered in case they needed to redo anything (good thing, too, as one of the dresses needed to be taken in just a bit more, although it wouldn't have been the end of the world if I couldn't wear that one). Then I slogged the rest of the day, came home and packed, ran to Nordstrom to buy a pair of shoes (ridiculous, I know), came back home and continued to pack, and now am going to bed. I don't have much to do to get out the door tomorrow morning, but I should still leave myself time to get through the last things on my list, so sleep is essential. Goodnight!

No comments: