Tuesday, June 08, 2010

domo arigato mr. roboto

This is a v. short post because I am utterly exhausted and need to go to bed, but I wanted to make sure my mother knew I was still alive. I survived my first day in Tokyo; it was easy to survive, of course, but v. difficult to stay awake. I was in meetings virtually straight from 9:30am to 5:30pm, then had a meeting in the cab on the way back to the hotel, and then a brief respite before meeting up with the big boss at 7:30 to discuss her slides (which I will have to find time to work on tomorrow). Then, I had a three-hour dinner with the Asia/Pacific leadership team (+ the big boss) at this Japanese restaurant in the hotel; the food was great, but it was brought out in eight v. small courses, which of course took forever. So while I'm tired and need a break, I'm not going to get much of one; the conference that I'm here for starts tomorrow morning at 8:45, goes straight through to 5:30, and then there's a party from 6:30 to ??. Ugh.

However, Tokyo is great, and I'm really looking forward to spending a couple of days touring around at the end of the conference. There's no time to think of that, though -- I'm going to try to get some sleep now so that I can be in better form tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: