Saturday, June 26, 2010

i didn't think we'd still be rolling

I need to go to bed immediately -- I should have gone to bed hours ago, but I wanted to put together the shelves that were delivered today, and it ended up taking way longer than it should have. But, they're up now and they look lovely -- and now that they are up, I can make more progress with unpacking, since I can start filling them up with the contents of all the boxes that are still sitting in my kitchen and living room. My dining table, chairs and bedframe also came today, but I haven't touched them yet; the table and chairs are a task for tomorrow, and the bed will probably be put off for a couple of weeks.

But, I'm exceedingly happy to have the furniture (even if I now have an obscene amount of styrofoam to dispose of). It threw a major kink in my day, though; it was scheduled to be delivered sometime betweeen 12-1, and since Adit was here, I decided to not go into work before teh delivery so that I could say goodbye to him. So I made him eggs, and we sat around a bit, but then he borrowed my car to drop some stuff off at a mover's location -- and so even though the delivery came before 1pm, I had to wait almost an hour for my car to come back so that I could go back into the office. When I got there, I slogged until almost six, then went to Cafe Borrone (where I had a mini panic attack wondering whether I'm really meant to write and whether the next book will be any good, but I recovered) and tried to write for a bit. I then abandoned it for Crate and Barrel, and then picked up some food at Andronico's.

The reason I had to pick up food is because Heather adn Salim are coming over for brunch; and while Heather said she totally understands that it's filled with boxes, but they probably wouldn't understand if they were invited over and then not fed (although that happened to my family once, which was hilarious). But that's why I have to go to bed immediately -- I'm starting to fall asleep on the keyboard, and I need to get up and set up the table if we're going to have somewhere to eat tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: