Saturday, June 05, 2010

you're yes then you're no

I just watched a couple of hours of "Say Yes to the Dress" -- television really is not a good thing. For those of you who do not have cable (*cough* parents *cough*), "Say Yes to the Dress" is this show on TLC that shows women coming to a fancy-schmancy bridal salon in New York to find their wedding dress. On the surface, there is nothing more depressing than being close to thirty and sitting at home, alone, on a Friday night, watching a marathon of shows about other women buying wedding dresses. However, the show is completely mindless entertainment, and it makes me supremely thankful that a) I'm not retarded, b) I have sane friends, and c) that if I ever do buy a wedding dress, I don't think it will be quite the train wreck that some of these stories are.

After the day I had, I needed some mindless entertainment; I had to be in the office by 8am for a meeting, and then I slogged brutally (with a break for breakfast, but no lunch) to prep for a meeting with the big boss. We're trying to pull together the slides for her speech at the conference in Japan next week, and as always it's a last-minute scramble -- which means I'm going to have to work on it tomorrow, in between packing and running errands and doing all sorts of other last-minute preparatory things.

But, I snuck out a little before five and got a pedicure while writing a little bit; I probably only wrote a page, but it was better than nothing. Then, I grabbed some dinner, came home, took care of some work stuff, and then procrastinated until now. Tomorrow the procrastination ends and the mad dash to get ready for Tokyo begins -- wish me luck. And now, it's time for bed -- goodnight!

No comments: