Wednesday, July 28, 2010

i don't want to be a chicken, i would rather be a duck

If you were worried after last night's post, I apologize. I perhaps shared more than I should, but I'm glad that I got all my fear out on the blog last night -- calming myself down through writing was quite effective, since I was feeling much, much better today and had an excellent, highly social time at the conference. I attended some great workshops, spent the whole afternoon with a lovely woman from the SF chapter (and later joined her friend, who is also from the SF chapter and also lovely), and got half a dozen books autographed by some of my favorite authors. Then, I went straight to dinner with the Golden Heart finalists from last year at Cat Cora's restaurant on the Disney Boardwalk -- I really like all the women that I sat with, and so I had a fabulous time.

This is v. abbreviated because I prioritized blogging about it on zee romance blog: http://www.sararamsey.com/wordpress/2010/07/28/rwa-2010-day-0-settling-in-catching-up-and-trying-not-to-be-a-fool/. If you want more detail, check it out there. And now, I'm off to bed -- two glasses of wine, standing on my feet half the day, walking around in the heat, and being socially 'on' for twelve hours is certainly helping to get me in bed and adjusted to the timezone. Goodnight!

No comments: