Friday, July 09, 2010

life went on beyond the palisades

I'm falling asleep over my laptop, which is a sign that I should throw in the towel and go to bed> I worked pretty hard today, and I ate out at two different Mexican restaurants, so it's no wonder I'm tired. I woke up this morning and took a detour to work to attempt to drop off a dress at a one-hour cleaners' place so that I could wear it to a wedding tomorrow, but the cleaners were on vacation, so I'm just going to have to dig something else out of my closet. Luckily, things mostly picked up after that disappointment -- I slogged heavily from 10:30am to 5pm, taking a break only to have lunch with Heather and Heather at Fiesta Del Mar. After my slog over the past three days, I'm feeling more caught up than I was; now, the trick will be to keep my momentum going so that I can accomplish all the things that I want even when there is nothing important to force me to get stuff done.

So lunch with the Heathers was good, even if we had to be efficient because I needed to meet with the big boss at one. Then, I slogged the rest of the afternoon, came home, and did my favorite activity (washing my towels and sheets -- when Adit saw my mom's laundry room in Iowa, he said 'this is Sara's dream come true' because I seem to do a *lot* of laundry compared to my peers). I started unpacking the rest of the boxes in my living room; I'm not quite there yet, but I'm getting close.

The most amusing thing about today was that Sri emailed and said that he was in town, but that he was leaving tonight, and so any attempt to see him would require meeting him for dinner between 7:30 and 8:15. Funnily, Chandlord and I had ran into Sri's former roommate Raymond in Palo Alto last night, and he seemed quite shifty; he was apparently under orders not to tell anyone that Sri was here. Anyway, Sri, Raymond and I went to Los Gallos, a taqueria in Redwood City, and caught up quite well (including a hilarious brainstorm about a werewhale who changes between wolf and a whale, cutting out the human element entirely). Sadly, they had to leave, and so I came home around 9:30, debated continuing to unpack, and instead did nothing. At least I refrained from watching "Say Yes to the Dress" -- I'm making progress.

Even though it's not quite eleven p.m. on a Friday, I'm going to go to bed; I want to keep unpacking tomorrow morning, and then I have to go to Tolu's wedding reception tomorrow afternoon. Goodnight!

No comments: