Saturday, July 17, 2010

some days i can see the future

I'm falling asleep with my laptop, which means this post is going to have to be brief. I slogged this morning and early afternoon, with nothing particularly new or noteworthy going on, and then snuck out early to run a couple of errands and look for a dress for the romance convention I'm going to in a couple of weeks. I'm presenting the award that I won last year, and so I need to look a little fancier than I might otherwise. I was going to just wear the dress that I wore last year, but luckily I tried it on first; it's just the slightest bit tighter than it was before, and because it zips up the back, I wouldn't be able to get it on myself without someone's assistance to zip me up.

So, I ended up finding a new dress at Nordstrom -- there were no tears and no staggering realization that 'this is my dress' like you might see on 'Say Yes to the Dress', but since I was by myself, and my budget was closer to $150 than it was to $15,000, perhaps that's to be expected. I picked a most unusual color for me (brown), but the dress is really cute and flattering, and I didn't have the patience to keep shopping at other stores. They're doing the alterations for me, since I had to have the shoulder straps taken in like I do on virtually everything I buy (another reason to buy a dress this weekend, since I wouldn't be able to wait for alterations on anything I find next weekend). I'll post pics of it when I get it back, but until then you must live in suspense.

I grabbed some takeout sushi for dinner, washed a load of laundry, and spent the evening reading a book about the Regency period. It's fascinating stuff, and the good news is that it confirmed that theatres in London started as early as six p.m., which is quite a relief for a certain aspect of my current story. And then, I fell asleep over my keyboard, and now I need to go to bed. The cable company that shall not be named for fear of getting another stalker comment on my blog is coming tomorrow morning, and then I'm going up to the city of sin to see Tammy in the afternoon and go to a birthday dinner tomorrow night. Since I intend to write tomorrow morning before that cable company comes, I need to go to bed right now. Goodnight!

No comments: