Wednesday, July 21, 2010

total eclipse of the heart

I know it's utterly ridiculous, but I'm going to go to bed as soon as I finish writing this; it's only 9:15pm, but I'm exhausted, and I would rather sleep now and attempt to get up early tomorrow morning and write rather than forcing myself through the tiredness. I'm probably feeling so exhausted because I had to be mentally "on" all day -- I had another full day of training, which was v. valuable and rewarding, but was also mentally exhausting. It didn't help that I went back to my desk and spent two hours after the training ended taking care of the myriad things that absolutely had to get done. It also didn't help that I had a burrito for dinner, which promptly put me right over the edge into food coma land.

So, I don't really have much to share. The training was quite useful in terms of making me think about a lot of things related to my career, my performance, the choices ahead of me, etc., and I have a lot of stuff to ponder over the next couple of weeks as I take a step away from the day job to focus on my writing career (the romance conference is next week, and I'm taking off the week after that to hole up and finish the draft of my book). But, as is usual, while I left feeling totally energized and excited by the people I work with, I also found myself in desperate need of a break from the rest of humanity.

Unfortunately, I wanted to spend tonight writing, but I fell asleep as soon as I stretched out on the couch with my laptop, and I don't have the willpower to force myself to wake up and write. So it's off to bed -- I'm going to set my alarm for six and try to write for an hour before work. Wish me luck with that -- goodnight!

No comments: