Thursday, August 19, 2010

close your eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord

I had a fairly boring slog at work today; I didn't particularly want to do any of the tasks on my to-do list, which probably didn't help. But, I had a nice break in the form of lunch with Gyre --even more shocking than the fact that we had lunch (which shouldn't be shocking at all, since we've had a standing every-three-weeks lunch since 2007, and before that shared offices and cubes several times) was the fact that I ate a gigantic salad for lunch. I've been craving salad, which must be an indication that I'm malnourished, since I love many things, but salad is usually not one of them. It was nice to catch up with him, since we've missed some recent lunches due to our respective vacation schedules -- and my productivity was certainly helped, not harmed, by stepping away from my desk.

I then slogged the rest of the afternoon, with a break to talk to my friend Natasha. When I was done, I called my parents and ended up talking for an hour and a half -- nice, but probably not good for getting any writing done. By the time I got home, it was almost eight, and by the time I ate supper, checked my email, etc., I frittered away my productive time. Rather than forcing myself to write now, I'm going to go to bed immediately and try to write before work tomorrow instead (ha). Either way, I will write this weekend and try to make up for some lost momentum over the last week, even if it kills me. Goodnight!

Daily word count: 0 (0% of goal)
Productive time: .5hr
RescueTime productivity rating: -0.68 (global average: 0.34)

No comments: