Tuesday, August 10, 2010

goodbye rosie, the queen of corona

I should really go to bed; I've eased back into the working world by getting into the office after nine a.m. both yesterday and today, but I have the usual Wednesday 8am meeting tomorrow, so I need to pull myself together. I will do my best to go in and not be totally surly, although at 8am, I am almost always surly.

The day job was fine; nothing too exciting, but nothing too exhausting either. I had an excellent lunch (conversation-wise, not necessarily food-wise, although since it was Baked Potato Tuesday, it was pretty good) with Dontae, who used to report to me before we both abandoned ship and went to other teams. Then, I slogged until around six p.m., when I adjourned to Philz Coffee to get some writing done. Between my time there and at home, I netted -61 words -- but since I almost completely rewrote a scene that ended up being 2662 words, I'll count that as a spiritual victory even if it doesn't look good on paper. I'm still hoping to get through the sequence two edits before the weekend, although it's going to be a stretch; I'm seeing "Inception" tomorrow night with John and Jess, and then I have to pack on Thursday so that I can drive to LA on Friday. At least by getting in early tomorrow I can leave early and hopefully write before the movie; we shall see.

And now, I shall go to bed. Please wish Katie a happy birthday! I called her this afternoon while I was still at work; when she asked why I was calling her so early, I said it was because I assumed she would be having birthday sex (while listening to the song 'Birthday Sex') later, which seemed to mildly horrify her. However, I'm guessing that if her damned cat was screaming all night the way he was while we were on the phone, it was probably a mood killer. Goodnight!

Daily word count: -61 (-3.05% of goal)
Productive time: 2.75hrs
RescueTime productivity rating: 0.44 (global average: 0.34)

No comments: