Wednesday, August 04, 2010

i like it rough

It's really ridiculous how close I am to Stanford -- I took a walk this morning when I wasn't ready to settle down to my laptop, and it only took me ~15mins to get to Green Library. That's close enough that I could easily work there during the day if I had a library pass (which I can get whenever I'm taking a writing class at Stanford -- or I could purchase access, which I intend to do when I start researching my gargoyle young adult romance novel series). And, in a move that probably happened ages ago but that I just discovered, they've replaced Moonbeans (the little cafe in the trailer between Green and Meyer Library) with a branch of Coupa Cafe from downtown Palo Alto. If they have Coupa's delicious tiger spice chai, this is going to be v. dangerous for me.

Anyway, I did manage to settle down eventually, and I was quite productive -- I wrote ten pages today, which is pretty good considering that my tracking software says I only actively wrote for two hours and twenty minutes. I sat in front of it for much longer than that, since the tracking software only catches active typing/cursor movement, but still, I'm pretty pleased. I took a break around four p.m. to drive over to the Starbucks near my day job, where I wrote for another hour while waiting for Heather (aka dear respected madam) to call me. We had made plans to have dinner tonight, but since Salim got a job in Redwood City and they currently only have one car, she needed a ride to wherever we were eating.

Amusingly, when I asked where she wanted to go, she suggested either Indian or the Olive Garden. So, we ended up going to the Olive Garden in a completely real and non-ironic way. I had chicken parmagiana, she had broccoli con pollo sans pollo (she likes the broccoli/sauce/pasta part of the dish, but not the chicken, so she asked them to hold the chicken). We ended up hanging out and catching up for a couple of hours, which was wonderful -- I hadn't seen anyone I knew since I left the conference on Sunday, so it was good to catch up.

After I dropped her off, I came home, talked to Terry, and watched an episode of "Covert Affairs". And now, I think I shall go to bed; I desperately want to keep up the productivity tomorrow and see if I can get it even higher, so it's time to get some sleep. Goodnight!

Daily word count: 2501 (125.05% of goal)
Productive time: 3hrs
RescueTime productivity rating: 0.9 (global average: 0.34)

No comments: