Monday, August 09, 2010

i'd look psychotic in a balaclava

I am utterly, definitively unenthused about going back to work tomorrow. Taking two weeks off was wonderful, but it may have been completely detrimental to my desire to return to the corporate world. My thoughts are all swirling around Madeleine and Ferguson, and Ellie and her hero after that (particularly since I had the blindingly awesome realization that Ellie's story is a twist on Penelope from "The Odyssey" - and while Ellie is a nickname for Elinor, it could have been a nickname for Penelope all along).

So anyway, I spent the day taking care of a variety of tings that needed to get done, such as two loads of laundry and the chopping and freezing of a lot of vegetables that I bought earlier in the week and didn't eat. I also talked to my parents, who had just gotten back from helping my brother to move stuff down to his new apartment in Oklahoma (he's going to OSU for grad school this fall!). Then, I spent some quality time with my manuscript; according to Scrivener (which counts actual words added/deleted), I lost 1000 words, but since I added a couple of scenes back in, I'm actually up a couple of thousand words. Either way, I'm basically done with the first sequence edits, and have a clear plan of attack for the second sequence, which I should be able to finish tomorrow -- at which point, I will be 25% of the way through the book, and easily able to edit the third and fourth sequences this week. If I can make it to the midpoint of the book, where I have to start writing entirely new material, by next week, I'll be v. happy.

Now, though, I suppose I should go to bed so that I can go to work tomorrow with some semblance of a smile (preferably one that doesn't look like a grimace) on my face. Goodnight!

Daily word count: -914 (-45.7% of goal)
Productive time: 3.75hrs
RescueTime productivity rating: 0.49 (global average: 0.16)

No comments: