Tuesday, August 03, 2010

imagine all the boys and the girls

This may not even be a four-minute post, given that I fell asleep on the couch and woke up with my laptop still on my lap (which, while embarrassing, was better than waking up with it on the floor). I was pretty productive today, although not optimally so, since I woke up with no food or milk in the house, which meant that I couldn't stay in and write because I would be underfed and undercaffeinated. But, I went to Cafe Borrone to resolve my lunch situation, went to Safeway to resolve my broader food situation, and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening contemplating my book. I didn't write, but I spent a lot of time dreaming about where my story will go from here -- I had some fantastic ideas and started plotting out scenes, but the real writing will start tomorrow.

And, in the seemingly neverending saga with Comcast, I got a letter today saying that they're about to shut me off for nonpayment even though I set up autopay six weeks ago and my account says I'm on autopay; and, they're charging me $20/mo for HBO that was supposed to be free for the first three months of my package; and, they're still charging me for the DVR that they sent out a serviceman to take while he installed the cablecard for my Tivo. So, I will have to chat with them tomorrow, but I was so annoyed when I read the letter and then logged in to check my bill (which I don't receive in the mail anymore because I'm "on" autopay, even if it isn't working), that I decided to leave it until tomorrow.

And so, I'm going to go to bed so that I can make the writing happen in the morning before dealing with Comcast later. Goodnight!

1 comment:

ComcastCares1 said...

Hi Sara - I am sure we can get this straightened out for you. You can reach out to our team. We're here to help you!

I am sorry for the trouble.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_can_help@cable.comcast.com