Wednesday, August 25, 2010

motivation, such an aggravation

I have such a headache that I can't possibly come up with a simile to match how I described the headache that I had last night, so you can pack your bags and come back tomorrow if you don't want to wade through the rest of this hoping that it gets better.

I managed to drag myself out of bed and into the office this morning; my first stop was for allergy shots, which always make me surly, since I basically have to hold still while my body is injected with three different serums that it does not like and is not eager to build a tolerance to. Then, I slogged, with a break to have lunch with Heather (aka dear respected madam), whom I hadn't seen in a couple of weeks. It was baked potato Tuesday, and I hadn't seen Heather in a couple of weeks, so even though I should have been slogging, I took a break and caught up. Then, I slogged relentlessly for another couple of hours, met up with the big boss to do what was supposedly the final runthrough of the slides -- and of course had to spend the next five hours frantically changing stuff before the meeting that they were presented in. I did have some moments of levity with Alan (my former big boss from when I went on sabbatical, but my current big boss is bigger) and Joy (why do girls named Joy often not seem so joyful?), but I didn't have dinner, and so I made do with some string cheese and a Coke Zero (they were even out of Diet Coke, the horror) at the start of the meeting.

It went well, although as soon as the slides were presented I noticed typos that I had never seen before, so I made notes of the various things to fix. I had also made a perfectly hideous slide involving an aerial view of a soccer field with some clipart of two princesses in ballgowns chasing down a soccer ball, but the big boss seemed to like that one best of all (which may be why we get along so well). And then, at 8:30pm, the meeting was over, I promptly came home...

...and read DEMON FROM THE DARK straight through until now. It's the latest by Kresley Cole, who writes my favorite vampire/werewolf/demon/Valkyrie/etc books, and it released today. It for some reason got here before MOCKINGJAY, which is the other book I'm relentlessly excited for, and so I read it all tonight. I should get MOCKINGJAY tomorrow, but I'm going to try to have a bit of restraint and self-control -- I desperately need to write tomorrow night, and I'm also going to desperately need to sleep if I'm going to recover from three nights of six hours each so that I can make it through my early meetings on Thursday.

So now, having warned you in advance that this was going to be boring, I can go to bed with a clear conscience despite having written a totally useless post. Goodnight!

Daily word count: 0 (0% of goal)
Productive time: --
RescueTime productivity rating: -- (global average: 0.19)

2 comments:

~Wamp said...

Did you use a Sum 41 song for your blog title!?

Sara said...

Yes indeedy - you and perhaps some members of Sum 41, if they are still alive, are probably the only people to recognize that song. Good job!