Wednesday, September 22, 2010

there is no blame, only shame - when you beg you just complain

I should already be in bed, but I needed a few minutes of downtime to decompress before beginning another whirlwind day tomorrow. Today started with a seven a.m. conference call with Alan (my old boss), which was quite the way to start -- but at least it was a call, which means I rolled out of bed at 6:45 and took it in my pajamas. Then, I worked while drinking tea at my kitchen table until after nine, then hurriedly got ready and went into the office. I intended to go to the gym then, but as it turned out I had too much to do (boo), since I was leaving early to run an errand and then go up to the evil city with Heather (aka dear respected madam) and Salim.

Heather and I drove to Redwood City to pick up Salim at his place of employment, and then we drove up to the city of sin to meet our mutual friend Durand for dinner. Durand lives in Boston now, but I've known him for ages, and he spent some significant quality time (that I'm v. jealous of) with Heather and Salim in India after I left the subcontinent. We were all on the epic South Africa trip together (which was over four years ago, which is impossible to believe), so I was v. glad that I got to see him while he was out here. But, because Heather and I were both eager to get out of work, we got to the city absurdly early, and so hung out at the bar next to the restaurant and had some wine while waiting for it to be dinnertime.

The restaurant we chose was Chow, which was v. close to where I used to live with Adit (and is where Adit and I took my dad on his first night in town in February, right before we went to India). And we had a totally lovely time catching up on current events and reminiscing about India, which was awesome. It's too bad that it's a school night and that Wednesdays are my worst days, because I'm going to be tired tomorrow, but it was worth it.

So now, I need to go to bed -- I have to slog like mad tomorrow to get ready for a meeting with the big boss, and then I need to leave shortly thereafter to go to the first session of my freelance magazine writing class at Stanford. I also need to squeeze some gym time in there and finish the assignment for the first class, so I'm guessing that I'm not going to get any romance writing in, but we shall see. Goodnight!

Daily word count: - (0% of goal)
Productive time: 0hrs
RescueTime productivity rating: -- (global average: 0.88)

No comments: