Thursday, October 14, 2010

and you feel just fine 'cause you do what you're told

I have to go to bed immediately; I was only five minutes late to the big boss's staff meeting this morning, but as I have another eight a.m. (my very last one!) with her tomorrow that I'm running rather than merely sitting through, I need to get some sleep.

It's now less than forty-two hours until I'm officially unemployed, which is still impossible to believe. It's also going to be impossible to finish everything on the list of things that I want to do, but I'm going to try my damnedest to do it. Luckily, the most important thing (a twenty-five page over-the-top manifesto of how to do my job) is done, and the big boss loved it, so at least I know that I'm not leaving my successor hanging. Now it's on to the rest of my list, and we'll see how far I get before they pry my laptop out of my hands.

Today was good, even though I spent the whole day slogging in anticipation of my last 1:1 with the big boss. Neither of us cried (since neither of us are criers), and I think she's still in denial (since she gave me notes to write a blog post for her, which isn't quite what I needed right now even though I'm happy to do it), but it was a great last meeting. I'm really going to miss working with her, even though there are aspects of my job that I won't miss, so wrapping up with her was sad.

After work, I came home, talked to my dad, ate supper, and then slogged from 7:30pm until now. The v. observant of you will note that I skipped class tonight; I'd already decided yesterday that I would skip, since I'm too engrossed in last-minute day job stuff to prioritize it, but I'll make it to the rest of the classes this quarter. And now, with my battery dying and my eyes closing, it's time for bed. Any bets on what my blog will be like when I no longer have my job to talk about?

No comments: