Monday, October 11, 2010

boots and fists to pound on the pavement

I didn't leave the house today. This is the first time in ages I haven't left the house; despite my hermitish tendencies and the fact that I live in a little hobbit-like cabin that seems custom-made for hermitville, I've been pretty good about getting out of it at least once a day.

Today, however, was not one of those days. After drinking a whole bottle of wine last night and staying up until almost three to finish it (which, by the way, was because I was in an excellent mood; I was a happy wino, not a bitter one), it's no surprise that I stayed in bed until eleven. I got out of bed to make myself some excellent breakfast quesadillas (only differentiated from supper quesadillas by the time of day they were served) and catch up on my online life. Then, exhausted by my exertions, I took a nap.

After napping, I changed out of my nightgown into some clean pajamas, which was the extent of making myself presentable (it was at that point I knew I wouldn't leave the house today), and proceeded to do my last self-assessment for work. It's two weeks late, but compared to when I usually turn the thing in, it felt like I was getting it in early, so I patted myself on the back for that. Then, I talked to my parents in our usual Sunday ritual, took another nap, ate some dinner, and proceeded to work on stuff for the day job the rest of the night.

So, no writing got done, but as I have to wrap up stuff for work, I don't think I'll do much writing this week. There will be time enough for writing when I'm unemployed -- which is this Friday, which is absolutely astonishing. I'm sad about leaving my friends, but on the other hand (and most of the first hand, if I'm being honest) I cannot *wait* to have some serious time to devote to my writing.

Even though I took so many naps today that I'm not at all tired, I'm going to go to bed now; I need to get to work at a respectable hour, since the big boss is back in town and I have a lot to finish before we part ways. Goodnight!

Daily word count: 0 (0% of goal)
Productive time: -
RescueTime productivity rating: - (global average: 0.34)

No comments: