Sunday, October 10, 2010

sure of myself, sure of it now

I'm quite shocked and somewhat embarrassed to report that I just drank a whole bottle of cabernet sauvignon by myself. Granted, I drank it over the course of the past six hours, leaving me lightly soused rather than utterly inebriated -- but given how I feel now, it's no wonder I was completely hammered after the 'fantastic Tuscan voyage' that Adit, Chandlord, Timmy Timer and I took to the Olive Garden, since on that memorable occasion I had at least one bottle of wine and two 'roadies' of mini-champagnes in under four hours. I don't actually know what's worse -- drinking moderately alone, or getting hammered at the fucking Olive Garden.

The day started off quite nicely -- I lazed about in bed, showered, and went to one of my old favorite haunts in Palo Alto Midtown (Mike's Cafe) for brunch. Brunch was merely okay, since they nearly burned the potatoes in my veggie casserole, but I read a bit of a plotting/structure book that helped me to get back on track. then, I relocated to teh Starbucks down the street, where I successfully wrote almost ten pages -- and they were ten v. emotionally charged pages to boot, so I felt quite satisfied with that.

Taking a breather from the writing, I ran to the grocery store, restocked some essentials (like Amy's frozen enchiladas, which I adore), and came home, where I tidied tings up. Chandlord called, which was a lovely surprise, but I declined her invite to come to the city for dinner because I wanted to get some writing done. But, in a v. foolish move, I opened some wine, and proceeded to drink the whole damn bottle. I didn't *mean* to drink the bottle, but as it turned out, it was a really lovely, delicious cabernet, and I couldn't let it just sit in the fridge to rot. So, I drank wine while going through a bunch of pictures of the olden days to put on my corkboards (verdict: success in narrowing down, but I felt some extreme nostalgia for India, friends who have moved to the east coast, etc.), and then I watched some "Top Chef: Just Desserts" while polishing off the bottle.

I have grand ambitions for tomorrow, so I should probably sleep off the alcohol; i need to pack up my office at work, and I want to write another couple of scenes of zee romance novel. Wish me luck! And now, I shall go to bed.

No comments: