Tuesday, October 05, 2010

you stand this close to me, like the future was supposed to be

YES. I forced myself back on track with the writing today by sheer force of will, even though it was a work day. The consequence was that I didn't force myself on track with the day job, since I can only be so disciplined, but as I'm having a major attack of senioritis, maybe that's to be expected. I did have a goodbye meeting with Alan, which made me sad, so it's no wonder I threw myself into my writing rather than my transition stuff.

Anyway, I managed to write for over four hours today (before work and after) for a grand total of ~2300 words (>10 pages). I wasn't quite as fast in terms of words/hour as I sometimes am, but as I was rewriting the beginning (again) to provide a stronger lead-in for the scene with the twins that is killing me, this was to be expected. And now the beginning is much stronger and tighter than it was, which is a wonderful thing. I can't write quite as much tomorrow and Wednesday because I need to do the assignment for my magazine class and then go to my magazine class, but I'm really pleased with today's progress. If I can keep this feeling, rather than the throw-the-laptop-through-the-window feeling, I might get something accomplished.

Now, though, I'm completely out of words, and so the blog is going to have to get published with a much shorter entry than usual (which should be exciting for you, since you'll spend 1-2mins less on it today than you might otherwise have). Enjoy your extra time!

Daily word count: 2390 (119.5% of goal)
Productive time: 4.5hrs
RescueTime productivity rating: 0.92 (global average: 0.84)

No comments: