Wednesday, December 01, 2010

i'm gonna rock you like a baby while the cities fall

So I was successful in finishing my Golden Heart Entry in time to send it this afternoon; I still sent it overnight even though I could have sent it second-day air, mostly because I'm paranoid and could send another copy tomorrow if today's copy somehow gets lost between here and Houston. I'm glad that it's over, even though I wrote the cheesiest epilogue in the history of romance novels (except for the great '80s novels where the heroine was seventeen and married the guy who kidnapped/raped her at the beginning of the book -- ah, the memories). I didn't feel as elated as I thought I would, though, since the last half is more like a an alpha version than a beta version, and I've got a lot of work to do to turn it into something that can see the light of day.

That's all in the (near) future, though; after mailing my entry, I went to Stanford, had some dinner (at 4pm, not because I'm old, but because I had rice cakes for lunch because I didn't want to take a break), and then went to my blogging class. I'm going to spend the next week doing a thorough revamp of zee romance blog, which is much needed even though I've been putting it off. Then, I came home, watched a great episode of Craig (which included Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson telling how he bought a car from a crackhead when he was fifteen, and Paula Deen cooking up an amazing Thanksgiving feast while Craig made dirty innuendoes), and started getting organized for all the stuff I want to do before I go home in two weeks.

I was going to treat you to one of those long, rambling posts full of bittersweet mumblings and self-absorbed realizations (I know, your fave!), but I'm out of words and I need to get some sleep before starting the word games afresh tomorrow. So you escape this time, my friends -- use your reprieve well. Goodnight!

No comments: