Wednesday, December 08, 2010

you make me feel like i'm living a teenage dream

Ugh. I wasted too much time today; staying up until three a.m. is not a good idea if I have any hope of getting stuff done the next day, and I need to learn that lesson and actually apply it someday. I did crawl out of bed by ten so that I could have breakfast and take care of some stuff before training with Alyssa at noon; she was good, as usual, and I'm going to squeeze in two more sessions with her before I go home and promptly forget all attempts at healthy living. I took a quick shower and then took advantage of the complimentary 25-minute massage that was included when I signed up with the gym. Alyssa had recommend a specific massage therapist, and it turns out that great people recommend other great people, as usual -- the massage was one of the best I've had, and 25 minutes was not nearly enough.

By the time I grabbed lunch and ate, it was three p.m. before I got home. I intended to do some work, but instead I did a combination of browsing and napping until 5:15, when I needed to get ready to go out for dinner. I met up with Arod at Nola's at 6pm -- v. longtime readers may remember that I was friends with Arod in India, but she went to business school on the east coast a couple of years ago and we lost touch with each other. It was great to see her; she's living in Fremont with her family while she looks for jobs, so it's good to have her back in the area. We reminisced and caught up for a couple of hours over drinks and v. spicy Cajun pasta, and hopefully I'll see her sometime after the holidays rather than waiting another two years to pick things up again.

I got home a little before nine, and continued to procrastinate -- and now, I'm going to force myself to go to bed rather than trying to work, since I have a feeling I would just continue to procrastinate, and it would be better to try to sleep early and get up early rather than prolonging this stupid cycle. I have to be at the gym at nine anyway, so sleeping early is a good thing. Goodnight!

2 comments:

Craig said...

Hi Sara.
Earlier this week I tried a productivity experiment. On Monday evening I wrote a list of tasks, projects and exercises that I wanted to complete or make specific progress on during Tuesday. All items were completed. I woke up on Wednesday without an action list and got nothing done.

When todays tasks are all completed, and you mind is still in gear, write a list of the things that you want to make progress on tomorrow.

It's worth trying out.

the pirate's wench said...

So building on this theme of attracting "crazy ones"............I guess there really is nothing else to say.