Friday, February 11, 2011

hootie hoo

I was v. productive today, but again did no writing. However, I did make it through almost an entire book on Regency society, and I swung by Stanford library to pick up a few more books that I had to request from the bowels of the auxiliary library. After reading the book that I read today, I think I have enough information to draft the scene that I've been avoiding, so that's what is on the docket for tomorrow (in addition to an evening trip to the city of sin, where I will pretend that I'm young and fresh instead of old and hermity).

The day started out on a decent note; I made it into the gym in time for my ten a.m. appointment with Alyssa. Working out at ten has proven to be the fix for my workout nausea, since I was totally fine today. Alyssa and I reassessed my goals, set targets, etc., which was a useful exercise, since it's a lot easier to say "I will do x this week" rather than "I will do y over the next six months". Even though I know that weekly goals are more manageable than yearly goals, I tend to set the big, dramatic goals instead -- witness my writing, which would be moving much faster if I set a daily wordcount goal (and stuck to it) rather than a yearly target of writing x books. So we'll see how the goals work, and I think it's time to revisit my writing goals as well (after I finish the masquerade scene, since goal-setting at the wrong time can just be another form of procrastination).

So I got home around 12:30, ate lunch, and then read for most of the afternoon. Around four, I went over to the library to pick up my books, then came home and read some more before eating supper (the last of the leftover chicken bouillabaisse). After that, I started messing around with my webhosting again, so if the romance website is down intermittently over the next couple of days, now you know why. I also caught up on last night's Top Chef: All-Stars, which I perhaps didn't appreciate fully because I was working while watching and so didn't get that into it (but it also seemed a little boring -- it's more fun when it's a team competition and they all hate each other). And now, I think I'll go to bed -- I have to go to the gym tomorrow, write the masquerade scene, and make it up to the city in time for some socializing with Chandlord before Jess's singing concert. Goodnight!

No comments: