Wednesday, March 16, 2011

baby, you were born this way

Am I the only person in the world who really, really hates Lady Gaga's "Born This Way"? As anyone who has ever read this blog knows, I adore "Bad Romance", and I went through flings with "Alejandro", "Poker Face", "Paper Gangsta", etc., so my problem isn't with Lady Gaga per se. However, whenever the song comes on the radio, I want to punch it in the face. It sounds like she wrote the song specifically so that it can be sung as some sort of hideous karaoke/montage scene sometime during the fourth hour of the yet-to-be-filmed "Sex and the City 3", while Samantha goes down on a seventeen-year-old and Carrie fails yet again to realize that she could just settle down and enjoy life with Big. Ugh.

And now that my minirant is over, I will get back to doing what this blog does best these days -- boring the crap out of you. I worked hard all day (poor me), starting with a training session with Alyssa, followed by lunch with my CPA, where I turned over all my tax documents and we discussed my writing and the book she wants to write someday. Then, I came home, made some tea, packed up my bag, and went to Stanford library, where I worked until sometime after seven. I made it all the way to the end of the latest round of revisions -- I have a couple of scenes to rewrite/expand, but after I do that and do some desultory clothing research, I'm done. I'm desperately hoping to finish by Thursday, so I expect that tomorrow will be more of the same.

When I could no longer handle the library (mostly because someone stinky sat down at my table; it's finals week, and he seemed to be taking the no-shower approach that I had to my honors thesis), I stopped by the CoHo and ate something while continuing to write. I got home around 8:30, and proceeded to watch a couple of hours of television; I turned it on because I needed a distraction while scouring my heaping piles of mail for a form that I couldn't find for my CPA, and then I left it on because I needed to rest my eyes from the tyranny of the laptop. So, I watched NCIS, NCIS:Los Angeles, and The Good Wife, all three of which were excellent tonight. Yes, I make fun of my parents for only watching fine CBS programming, but they trained me well. And now, I'm going to go to sleep (at midnight, shocker) so that I can get up tomorrow and write all the live long day. Goodnight!

No comments: