Sunday, March 06, 2011

collecting your jar of hearts

I just hit the wall -- my head hurts and I can no longer quite focus on the computer screen, so I think it's time to go to bed. I did get ten hours of sleep last night, which was fantastic, and then I proceeded to be mostly productive for the entire day. After I made some oatmeal, I finished editing the last 25 pages of my book, and I was thrilled to reach the end (it even made me cry, but since I could be delirious by now since I've done nothing but edit for ten days, I won't vouch for its ability to move others to tears as well). Then, I took a break and went to the gym. When I finished there, I attempted to go to Starbucks to start the long process of putting the edits into the computer version of my manuscript, but it was too crowded, so I came home and started working at my kitchen table.

And I proceeded to work from five p.m. until now (one a.m.), with a break to make dinner (which was super fast -- poached eggs on top of corn tortillas with refried beans, avocado, sour cream, and some delish green salsa that I picked up recently). It took that long to enter the edits from the first half of the book, so the second half is going to take all day tomorrow (boo). I had intended to send the whole thing off to my beta readers by tonight, but that goal has now changed to Monday or Tuesday. But, I shall persevere; what I'm entering so far is in really good shape, although I need to rewrite the beginning again and go back through the whole thing to do another proofreading pass.

And that, my friends, is all I've got. Goodnight!

No comments: