Wednesday, March 02, 2011

i hear in my mind all of these voices

I had a lovely, productive day today, which was totally worth it even if I am going on a week without seeing anyone I know (other than Alyssa, whom I saw this morning, although that doesn't count for the purposes of my pity party). My social drought ends tomorrow, since I have lunch plans at my former place of employment, and I'm making some other tentative plans for later in the week so that I can get out of the house and remember that there are people out there in the world who are not merely characters that I've created in my head.

Since I didn't go to bed until after two a.m. last night, getting up this morning was painful, but I made it into the gym for my ten a.m. session with Alyssa. It was good to see her and good to get back into some sort of routine after nearly a week away (and good to shower with their Kiehl's products, which I certainly missed in Monterey). I grabbed a salad there, went to Starbucks with the intention of working, but was driven out because it was surprisingly crowded for 1pm on a Tuesday. So I came home and worked off and on until now; the afternoon was somewhat consumed by finishing the Golden Heart judging, since I had to submit scores today, and I also ate a snack, took a nap, and eventually made dinner (salmon w/caesar salad, yum). Alyssa and I are currently battling over whether I can continue to sleep late and stay up late; I predict that I will win, since it's much more my decision than it is hers and I'm constitutionally incapable of getting up at six a.m. for no good reason. But, my sleep schedule does make it hard to eat the three meals and 2-3 snacks that she would prefer and still stop eating around seven; if I stop eating at seven, that means it's usually at least fourteen hours before I get up and eat again, and I'm starving at midnight. As a compromise, I may get to eat a nighttime snack (yay), but it can't be carbs (boo), so we'll see what happens.

I'm not quite as obsessed with all of that as the last paragraph may have sounded, but since Alyssa was the only person I saw today, it's all I have to share. I also spent some serious quality time with my manuscript and managed to edit forty pages. This is the part of the book that I like the least (the bridge between the midpoint climax and when everything starts going to hell (in a good way) towards the end), so I suspect I'll have to make another pass or two at it -- but it's in a much better place than it was, so I can live with that. And now, I think I shall go to sleep -- and while I will not be waking up at six, I would like to be out of bed at the awfully early hour of nine. Goodnight!

No comments: