Wednesday, March 09, 2011

i kept everything inside and even though i tried, it all fell apart

I've got nothing of importance to say tonight, and my arms are starting to hurt from this morning's workout with Alyssa, so I'll keep this brief. I spent four hours at the gym today, most of which was not working out; I trained with Alyssa and then did some cardio afterwards, but then I took my time showering, grabbed a salad from the cafe, and sat in the cafe with my laptop for an hour because I had an appointment with Art to stretch out/massage my shoulders and chest (not in the way my chest got massaged in India - this was 100% muscle massage and 0% nipple massage). When I finally got done at the gym, I came home, did a bit of work, took a nap, worked for another hour, and then loaded up a backpack full of books and took them to Stanford library to be renewed (I have a card, but I don't have access to the online renewal system, which is kind of a pain).

I should have worked tonight -- if I had stayed home, I probably could have finished entering the edits. Instead, I drove up to the evil city and had dinner with Chandlord and Geetika, whom I knew many years ago but who just recently moved back to the city from London. I was actually early (crazy), and so put our name in for a table at flour+water, which is a trendy pasta place. Chandlord was also early, so we hung out together for half an hour whilst waiting for Geetika. Sadly, Geetika was merely on time, so we watched several tables go ahead of us (they only seat full parties) and ended up sitting in the middle of the big communal table, which made it a bit difficult to hear. But, my pasta was totally awesome, even if I'm supposed to be limiting my evening carb intake, and we shared some sort of chocolatey dish that was delish.

When we finally parted ways, I took Chandlord home (and based on our conversation, I'm totally convinced that she should be a joke writer). Then, I drove back down to the glorious south bay, getting here around 11:40ish. And now, even though this is the most boring post I've written in awhile (I threw in a reference to breast massage to try to save it, but I think I failed), I'm going to go to bed and hope that I can entertain you better tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: