Sunday, April 17, 2011

doubt thou the stars are fire; doubt that the sun doth move; doubt truth to be a liar; but never doubt i love

I've nothing of any importance to say tonight, which isn't particularly unusual. I stayed in bed until sometime after eleven (and much closer to noon), but I finally pulled myself up and into clothes when I realized that I was about to be ravenously hungry. I haven't bought groceries in almost two weeks, so I went to Joanie's and had eggs (which were slightly disappointing, as they were almost cold - they must have sat too long waiting for the server). Then, I came home and crossed stuff off my to-do list all afternoon - nothing related to getting words of my rough draft onto the page, but lots of other stuff that needed done.

So I thought I would write tonight, but I didn't. Instead, I read the third book of that Victorian mystery/romance series that I started a week or two ago. This one was called SILENT ON THE MOOR, and while I thought it was just a bit inferior to the other two books (I suspect she was rushing to finish for her contract), I still enjoyed it tremendously. I thought the mystery was slightly less satisfying, if only because I figured it all out rather early on - but if I had been less aware of the lifestyles of the Egyptian pharaohs, perhaps the twists at the end would have been more delightful. But, I was more satisfied with the romance, so on the whole, I was pretty happy. There's only one book left (the one set in India, which is the whole reason I started the series), and I don't know whether to save it in gleeful anticipation or devour tomorrow night in one sitting. Luckily, another book comes out in June, but I'm guessing it will be another year after that before she releases another one. It's really too bad that books take so long to write...

But speaking of books, I suppose I should start writing my own again. I got conned into going to the evil city for brunch tomorrow, and then I will have my usual conversation with my parents in the afternoon - but perhaps I will write after that, if only so that I can refrain from reading the last book for another night. I suppose that if I am going to get up in time for brunch tomorrow, I should go to bed immediately. Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ramsey, this blog is getting SUPER repetitive. come up with something new and fresh plz or you'll lose ANOTHER reader. sheesh.

Sara said...

i unsubscribe from this friendship