Sunday, May 01, 2011

in december drinking horchata

I just realized I need to go to bed immediately; I didn't change my laptop clock, and just realized that it's 12:30am instead of 11:30pm. Since I want to be out of here before nine, I should probably get some sleep.

But, today was a lovely day. Katie, James and I had a leisurely breakfast at the mexican place down the street, which meant that I was uncomfortably full most of the day because I ate too many chips before getting my huevos machacados (eggs scrambled with chicken and a variety of other ingredients). Then, we came home and took naps, which was a godsend. After we took our naps, Katie and I went to Tattered Cover, which is this awesome bookstore in downtown Denver that I happen to follow in Twitter. I was v. disappointed in their romance selection, but overall I loved the store -- they have a wonderful space with a very distinct ambience, and we enjoyed wandering around. I bought an edition of 'The Canterbury Tales' and some book that Katie averted her eyes from (a novel replete with fallen angels, ancient prophecies, etc., since I'm still researching the market for my gargoyle project). Katie and I attempted to go to a teashop afterwards, but the teashop was closed for a private party, so we went to a coffee shop where the ambience was cool and the service was awful. But, despite the service, we spent a couple of hours talking, which was much enjoyed by all.

James picked us up so that we could come home and change, and then we went to a pizza place, where we met up with a couple of James's cousins. The pizza was great; we got a prosciutto pizza and a sausage pizza (or rather, two halves of the same gigantic pizza), and Katie and I split a salad. It was delicious and the conversation was entertaining, but Katie and I bailed out around 9:15 because her throat hurt and I needed to finish grading some entries for a contest that I'm judging. I should have sent them tonight but I failed to grade the last one, so I'm going to do it over a break while I'm driving tomorrow. So, we sat around and watched tv while I graded, and now I'm going to go to bed. Hopefully by this time tomorrow I'll be in Iowa!

No comments: