Saturday, May 21, 2011

keep on dancing til the world ends

I really have nothing to report today - now that I'm back from my trip, my life has resumed its regularly-scheduled blandness. I made it into the gym in time to train with Alyssa, who took me back to a routine heavy on squats and lunges, so we'll see whether I can walk tomorrow. Then, I showered and went over to my former place of employment (third time this week, for those of you who are counting) for lunch with Regina. Regina was an expat with me in India oh so many years ago, and I hadn't seen her in months - our paths don't often cross, since she doesn't work on the same side of campus as most of my friends (and she has a husband, who was in India with us, and a two-year-old daughter, which constrains her social life). But, I'm so glad that we got to catch up; we lingered over lunch, discussing all sorts of topics related to work and life before I finally left. And even if we hadn't had anything to talk about, lunch still would have been worth it; the cafe that we went to was serving burrata, which is a fresh mozzarella stuffed with mozzarella and cream, and it was possibly the best thing I've eaten in weeks.

So after lunch, I came home and got sucked into procrastinating on the laptop for a couple of hours. In an effort to drag myself out of it, I went to Cafe Borrone (again), where I managed to eke out three pages of the new romance novel. It was really slow going, since I'm still figuring out the voice, tone and emotion for the hero in the first few chapters, but at least I made some progress. I went to Stanford library afterward to try to make more progress, but I got sucked into a wikipedia wormhole and didn't write another word.

Tomorrow promises to produce another boring blog post, so feel free not to stop by; my biggest ambitions for this weekend are to dust, swiffer, do laundry, and write ten to twenty pages of zee romance novel, so we'll see how I do. Goodnight!

No comments: