Monday, May 30, 2011

this means no fear, cavalier, renegade and steering clear

I had more plans today than I ever do on a Sunday, and I somehow survived them all - yay for being able to emerge from my hermitage and return to it unscathed. When I awoke, I was in Heather and Salim's guest room (which was a good thing; since I fell asleep there, I would have been horrified to wake up elsewhere). Their guest room is lovely, and I slept wonderfully as a result - so wonderfully that I didn't particularly want to get out of bed. But, I managed to drag myself into the shower and then into some clothes so that I could go up to the evil city and leave them to get on with their day.

But before I left, Salim made an incredible breakfast - his chocolate chip pancakes (while not Alyssa-approved) were the best pancakes I've ever had. I don't even like pancakes, and I could have happily gorged myself to death on these. He also made me eggs to increase my protein intake to balance out the pancakes (impossible, but nice attempt), and bacon as well, and Heather brewed some looseleaf black tea just how I like it. They're basically the best hosts ever, since all we did was talk about books, watch bad movies, and eat. Yay.

After I left them, I drove up to the evil city and looked at an apartment with Terry. In a rather abrupt 180 from my previous plans, I agreed to consider moving in with her when she moves to the city; she's almost done with business school and is starting a job in July, and she's been hinting for months about getting me to move to the city. I was rather opposed initially, mostly because I love my log cabin, but all love is temporal and fleeting, right? Or, at least, the old urge to pick up and move has been clawing at me with increasing severity over the past couple of months, and moving back to San Francisco seems more prudent than giving in to the competing urge to put everything in storage and run away to Thailand. So Terry got through my defenses at just the right time, and I agreed to look at the apartment that she'd already seen on Friday. She was putting her application in with or without a roommate, but I couldn't make a decision without seeing the place, and the agent was holding another open house today.

The place was lovely; it has two master bedroom/bath suites, a rooftop deck, private laundry, a nice-sized kitchen and living room, and two parking spaces in the garage. And the lighting was really great, which is important to me since I spend more time inside than anyone other than a vampire should. So, we'll see; if we're able to get the place, I'm going to do it, but if we don't get it, we'll see whether another apartment is able to overcome my love for the cabin.

After Terry and I parted ways, I went to Chandlord's, and she and I went downtown and had mimosas (and a diet coke for me) at a cafe/bar with a rooftop garden. Planning for our Germany trip continues apace, although we really only discussed that for ten minutes, and spent the rest of the time discussing the ridiculousness of life and friendship. Then, I abandoned her, came home (while talking to my mom on the phone - hands-free, of course), went to the gym like a good little client in an effort to redeem my pancake lapse, and then came home and took a nap. I spent the rest of the evening writing in my journal, taking care of some romance email stuff, and finishing a book that I started earlier in the week. And now, I need to sleep; I'm training with Alyssa tomorrow and have a barbecue to attend in the afternoon, so my life as a social butterfly continues. Goodnight!

No comments: