Saturday, May 28, 2011

while i'm wide awake she's no trouble sleeping

Today was better than yesterday, just as I'm sure that tomorrow will be better than today, if only in terms of how I've processed and moved on from rejection. In some ways, while this rejection felt worse (I love love love this book), it was easier to bounce back from because I'm accustomed to it, as sad as that sounds. So, I woke up with a reasonably light heart and went to the gym, where Alyssa tortured me for an hour. Then, I showered and sat around reading a Romance Writers Report (the official magazine of Romance Writers of America) that had been sitting in my gym bag for a couple of months. At noon, I had a stretching session scheduled with Brian, who has replaced Art (the guy who examined me like my body was a used car) because Art is now charging more and Alyssa recommended I try Brian instead. As it turns out, Brian was better than Art (probably because he's going to massage therapy school on the side), but after an hour of having him dig into my calves with his elbows, I feel both loose and bruised at the same time.

After surviving his mauling, I came home, changed into public appropriate clothing, and went to Joanie's Cafe for a late lunch. I continued brainstorming how I feel about my writing and what I want to accomplish with my life, and made some decent progress, but we'll see where I end up. Then, I came home with the intention of reading, but instead I cleaned and tidied and swiffered the place like a good little housekeeper. And then, around six-ish, Terry showed up; she's in town for the weekend, and is currently sleeping on my couch.

She and I went to Palo Alto Sol for Mexican food and margaritas (v. non-Alyssa-approved), where we caught up on all sorts of things and she started her campaign to get me to move to the city with her. If I wasn't living in the most awesome log cabin in the world, I would be moving to the city in a heartbeat, so the part of me that enjoyed my time in the city is torn. Anyway, we continued our conversation at my place, and later went out for ice cream at Cold Stone (also, surprisingly, not Alyssa-approved). And now, she's sleeping and I'm going to be as soon as I wrap up this blog post. I don't know what the plan is for tomorrow daytime, but tomorrow night I'm going to go to Heather and Salim's for dinner and likely spend the night, so if my blog post is short and typed from my phone tomorrow night, that's why. Goodnight!

No comments: