Tuesday, June 14, 2011

i'd give it all away just to get you back

I didn't get as far with the packing as I intended today; while I did get out of bed by nine, I didn't do any packing in the morning. Around 11:30, I rallied and left the house to buy day parking permits for the moving truck, Terry's car, etc., and grab lunch at Sprout (which took longer than usual; they must have had a huge to-go order, because I showed up before the lunch rush with almost no one in the restaurant and the wait for a salad was already twenty minutes). Then, I ran a couple of errands in downtown Palo Alto, drove to Mountain View to buy some packing supplies at the Uhaul location there, got gas, rewarded myself with an earl grey milk tea from Verde, and finally made it home sometime after two p.m.

Then, the packing started. Really, the blog doesn't get any more interesting (or less boring) than it already is, so if you're already bored, feel free to leave and come back tomorrow.

If you're still here, I did two loads of laundry, finished packing my living room, all of my office supplies, a variety of fragile mementoes, my files, etc. I sorted as I went, which made things slower, but I'm getting rid of stuff, which is good. I also packed all my shoes, most of my clothes, and my handbags and laptop bags. So, my bedroom and coat closet are basically done; I need to decide whether to fold everything neatly into plastic crates and send it up to the city with the movers, get wardrobe boxes tomorrow, or risk wrinkles and just dump it all in a few containers and drag it up to the city myself.

I'm actually in okay shape; the major task left is the kitchen, with another half hour or forty-five minutes of sorting and packing of the remnants of my linen/makeup closet. But Terry's getting up here early tomorrow afternoon, and I'd hoped to get done enough to run up to the city with her and take a few things to the apartment, which is unlikely to happen at this rate. We'll see how far I get by noon. Since the movers arrive in 31 hours, packing down here is a higher priority than taking stuff up to the apartment. But, I'm excited, both to be done packing and to move into the new place, where I likely won't run into a spider every time I turn around. Goodnight!

No comments: