Friday, June 24, 2011

leaves my body glowing

The San Francisco airport is a complete zoo tonight, but hopefully I'll make it to New York unscathed. I almost violated my cardinal rule of boarding sans calories, but I bought some trail mix just in time in case we get stuck for days and the passengers start food riots.

I'm blogging on my phone, so I'll keep this brief. I spent the morning unpacking, and in the afternoon Terry and I got mani/pedis down the street from our place. We also went out for dinner at the Marina equivalent of the glorious south bay's Left Bank, which I must say served a far superior steak frites (although the phone tried to autocorrect frites to grotesque) and a delicious French onion soup. Then, we watched two episodes of Bones, Terry took me to the airport, and I thanked my lucky stars that my premier status on united got me out of the hour-long line to check my (admittedly overpacked, unnecessarily comprehensive) bags.

And now that I rousted a squatter out of my window seat, I shall put in my earplugs, don my eyemask, and attempt to sleep straight through til Newark. Goodnight!

No comments: