Wednesday, June 22, 2011

whatcha say, that you only meant well...well of course you did

I'm exhausted, but at least I'm fully moved out of the cabin. I got all sorts of stuff done today and even managed to squeeze in a bit of socializing, so I really can't complain (even though I would like to, of course). The day started on the wrong note; I accidentally turned on the wrong burner on the stove, which meant that my water didn't heat up for my oatmeal, and so I had to forego the oatmeal and just eat a leftover cheeseburger (strange, I know). Then, I left to go down to the glorious south bay for my training session with Alyssa, but there were two accidents on the freeway and I was 15mins late. I'm going to have to plan to leave earlier, and on the days when I get their absurdly early, I'll just have to do some cardio before we start. Doesn't that sound like fun?

But, Alyssa and I reassessed my progress, as we do every six weeks or so. I held pretty steady on the weight/bodyfat/measurements, although I'm getting stronger based on the intensity of my workouts (and the fact that the move didn't destroy me, despite all the stuff I've carried up and down several flights of stairs). So, all in all it was neutral/positive, and while I think that some of this protein/fat diet that I'm on is ridiculous (I'm not going to carry around coconut oil to pour on top of things to increase my fat intake), it does seem like something that I can tweak and meet my goals with fairly easily.

After we did an abbreviated workout (which still managed to make me sweat), I showered, dashed to Chipotle to inhale a burrito bowl, and then went back to the gym for a massage and eyebrow wax. This may seem like pure relaxation, but it was technically an action item on my list; my eyebrows were looking v. old-mannish, and my shoulders and upper back have been killing me for the last week or two. So, that was all v. nice, although I left when it was done and went immediately to my old house, where I proceeded to clean the kitchen for a couple of hours. It was 80 degrees indoors and approximately 96 degrees outdoors, so the last thing I wanted to do was clean, but it needed to get done.

I took a break, though, and ran to the Stanford Shopping Center to pick up a couple of things for the conference. I intended to get a new shawl/something to jazz up my old formal dress, but as I was browsing, a different dress caught my eye. I tried it on and fell in love with it, so I bought it; I'll have to try it on again tomorrow and make sure it's as good as I thought it was before I decide to keep it. I also used some Nordstrom rewards to buy another absurdly large cocktail ring; this one is silver with a 1.5" x 0.75" concave oval littered with metal and crystals. I tried to tell Heather that it was more 'neutral' than my other cocktail ring, since the other ring is pinks/purples and doesn't go with everything, but she wasn't buying it. I'll have to wear it on my middle finger, since they didn't have a smaller size, but it looks too awesome to give up.

After Nordstrom took my money, I ran to JCrew to get a replacement black cardigan for the one that I love but that is fading after too many washes; then, I went to the Gap and got a replacement pair of jeans for the pair I always wear, which is starting to rip. I stopped back at home to pick up two boxes of documents (more on that shortly), picked up my dry cleaning, and then went to my old place of work to pick up Heather for dinner.

Before dinner, she kindly helped me to shred the two boxes of documents I dragged with me (that's the sign of a true friend). Then, we went to The Counter in Palo Alto and had delicious burgers while catching up for a couple of hours. Salim picked her up around 8:45, and then I went back to the cabin, where it took me three times as long asI thought it would to load my car and wrap up the tiny last-minute details. But, it's done, and even though my car is crammed fully of stuff, at least that's one less thing to worry about between now and my trip.

I got home around 11:15, and then wrote a couple of pages of notes regarding my young adult 'gargoyle' series, since I was brainstorming during my drives today. And now, I need to sleep desperately; tomorrow holds more personal grooming stuff, like a mani/pedi, getting my jeans hemmed, etc., along with the mandatory empty the car game. Goodnight!

No comments: